Star Energy Replacement of Flexibles
Star Energy Kakap Ltd
PT. TIMAS Suplindo
Detail Design Engineering:
A flexible riser system comprising 3 flexible risers in a lazy wave configuration utilising mid-water arches. These risers are hung off a single point mooring SPM system which is linked to an FSO.
Two of the flexible risers (KG & KH) were damaged in 2012 and to re-establish the integrity of these risers, a different riser configuration was engineered for new replacement risers, replacing the mid-water arches with distributed buoyancy modules (DBM’s).
The full Scope of Work for the back
engineering of the replacement risers
- Design new mooring configuration for risers and engineer placement of DBMs
- Design Basis.
- SPM and FSO RAO Generation & Mooring Analysis using MOSES.
- Riser Configuration Analysis using DBMs.
- Riser Extreme and Interference Analysis.
- Riser Global Fatigue Analysis.
- Procurement support and Technical Bid
‐ 10” KG & KH Flexible Risers, DBM’s
‐ FSO, SPM and Mooring Lines